Thursday 27 March 2014

Day 1 - Sydney to Mexico City ( a very long day )



Final, after all the preparations and training, I am on my way to my unfinished adventure in Central & South America....my first backpacking trip.



After surviving warm (fresh) fruit and yogurt inside a 14 hour flight, and an 8 hour  layover in LAX, finally arrived at my hotel just before mid night, 30+ hours later.




I don't know why the normally chilled fresh fruits and yogurts were lukewarm........yak!  May be because it was the VERY LAST 747 service between Sydney and LAX.....probably the newer 777s are taking over.  In the shadow of MH370.......!!!!!



I went inside that LAX airport space-age looking Encounter Restaurant, and it was closed ( for good!), my first time ever since first coming to LA 37 years ago.  And it is a crappy building, with no easy walk over from any of the terminal buildings in this huge airport, no wonder!





And the Mexican Airport Taxi company was trying to charge me double until I protested...still some 20% more than the norm.


Just realised the exchange rate at the airport is 20+% worse than the official rate !!

No comments:

Post a Comment